The Holy Name Society is the men's parish support organization for Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Waterloo, Illinois.
All men are invited to join us in the Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School cafeteria on the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 pm.
We provide food, drinks, and a $25 attendance prize at every meeting. The meetings provide a great opportunity to meet and make new friends.
Please visit our website at http://www.orgsites.com/il/holyname/
Holy Name Society News
November Ticket Winners:
• $1000: O38 Leroy Wagner
• $100: D86 Bev Freeman
• $50: S21 Mary Beard
• $50: G6 Matt Reeves
The Holy Name Society runs, contributes, or sponsors many parish events throughout the year. Events such as the annual picnic, the gala, barbeques, fish fries and even the trivia and Euchre nights. Your support of these events enables us to donate to valuable church and school projects.
• November: $100 to the Optimists for Toys for Tots.
• November: $4200 towards the annual teacher bonuses.
• October: $5,000 towards the resurfacing of the church and school parking lots and alley.
• October: $1,000 to the Gibault Golf Team to cover supplies and expenses.
• The November 5 barbeque at Outsiders brought in $1250 for HNS. Several of our members started working prior to dawn to make the event a success. Thank you to all who stopped by for the food, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed preparing and serving it.
• 2018 tickets are available for $10ea. Winners are drawn at each monthly Holy Name Society meeting and offer 12 chances throughout the year to win prizes of $1000, $100, $50 and $10. See an HNS member or any parish employee for purchase and details on the drawings. Better yet, come to a Holy Name Society meeting and experience the drawings live!
• January 26, 2018 Euchre Tournament in the SPPCS gym. Details to follow.
Our next meeting is December 28 at 7:30PM in the SPPCS cafeteria. We’re always open to new members and ideas. Join us for refreshments (ahem…beer…ahem…), discussion on our upcoming events and how we can best serve our parish.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Holy Name Society. We wish you all health, prosperity and spirituality during this holiday season and in 2018.
February ticket winners:
$1,000 E61 – Mark Snyder
$100 Z6 – Adam Schmidt
$50 O38 – June Wagner
$50 U93 – Andy Brinkmann
Upcoming events include our annual Euchre tournament on Friday, April 1 and our annual golf tournament on Saturday, April 9. Watch for details! Your support of our fundraisers allows us to make thousands of dollars in donations each year like the following:
- Paid for and fried the fish for both parish fish fries.
- Setup, fried the sausage, and cleanup for the parish Wurstmarkt
- Setting up for and coordinating the 50/50 raffle for the Spring Gala
- Donating a gun and the ever popular Holy Name Treasure Trove to the Spring Gala
- $100 donation to the Gibault post prom party
- $100 game sponsor for the Gibault Men’s Club bingo
Because of Holy Thursday, our next meeting will be Wednesday, March 23 at 7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. If you are new to the school, PSR, or the parish, please join us. The evening consists of a short business meeting, followed by refreshments and conversation.
January ticket winners:
$1,000 Y-85 – Larry Fults
$100 C-88 – John Glessner
$50 Y-84 – Karla Halloran
$50 F-61 – Paul Diekemper family
Recent activity includes the HN agreeing to provide labor for installation of new kneelers in the church. Kneelers to be installed in early February.
- Donation of price of fish for first SPPCS fish fry.
- Donation of $500 toward gun purchase for SPPCS gala donation. Also donation of series AA tickets for auction item for gala.
- HN to cook sausage for upcoming Wurstmarkt.
- Donation of $100 to 8th grade talent show costumes.
- Donation of $100 to annual KC gun raffle.
Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 25, at 7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. If you are new to the school, PSR, or the parish, please join us.
The evening consists of a short business meeting, followed by refreshments and conversation.
Drawing winners for December 2015
- B-100 Vern Kovarik $1000
- T-72 Todd Osterhage $100
- G-49 Jacob Green $50
- G-100 Teresa Watters $50
The next meeting is January 28 at 7:30 p.m. in the SPPCS cafeteria.
- Upcoming Euchre tourney has been postponed and will be rescheduled soon.
- Recent activity includes the HN agreeing to provide labor for installation of new kneelers in the church. HN also to purchase new fasteners for this project.
- Donation of $750 for Gibault march for life group to help with travel expenses.
The Holy Name Society is the men’s parish support organization. We meet on the fourth Thursday of each month in the school cafeteria. All men of the parish are welcome. Please try us out; we have fun and do a lot of good things for the school and parish. In 2015, our organization was able to help in the following ways:
⦁ Showed our appreciation to our school and parish staff with Christmas gifts totaling over $5,000
⦁ Donated 2 items to SPPCS Spring Gala auction resulting in bids producing $1275 profit for SPPCS
⦁ $500 donation to Booster Club for golf tournament and $100 donation for cosmic bingo (8th grade trip)
⦁ $500 donation to SPPCS music department for general expenses and purchase of sheet music
⦁ $100 donation to purchase gym microphone
GIBAULT CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
⦁ $3,000 for 6 tuition assistance grants for parish students attending Gibault
⦁ $500 for Oktoberfest Gold sponsor
⦁ $100 golf tournament hole sponsor
⦁ $100 donation to the post-prom party
⦁ $100 for Men’s Club cosmic bingo fundraiser
⦁ $50 for Gibault calendar fundraiser
PARISH & OTHER
⦁ $3,600 to purchase the fish for the parish fish frys
⦁ $2,600 to purchase a new electronic keyboard for the church
⦁ Provided manpower for several renovation and improvement projects on parish and school grounds
⦁ Coordinated set-up and clean-up of parish picnic, Spring Gala, Wurstmarkt, and parish fish frys
⦁ $600 donation toward parish students to attend Right to Life March in Washington DC
⦁ Purchase of meat used at parish picnic BBQ stand
⦁ $300 sponsorship of Outsider’s parish picnic beer and soda annual Honor Roll fundraiser
⦁ $100 for Gold Rush Raffle ticket and $100 donation to SPPS Youth Ministry
⦁ $100 donation to Waterloo Optimists Toys for Tots Christmas Campaign coordinated by Outsider’s
⦁ Donated and prepared the food for PSR’s end-of-school cookout
⦁ $100 to purchase five KC gun raffle chances and $100 donation to the building fund in honor of Paul Dunn
⦁ $300 donation to first annual SsPP pancake bike ride
⦁ Monetary gifts to Fr. Osang (10 year anniversary) and Deacon Doug (going away present)
Proceeds from annual ticket sales, our annual golf tournament, BBQ’s at Outsider, our trivia night and euchre tournament enable us to financially support the causes shown above. See the attached document below for a list of some of the nearly 370 raffle winners in 2015. We ask every parishioner to help. By doing so you help us achieve our parish support goals AND give yourself a chance every month to win great prizes!
Please help support the mission of the Holy Name Society by purchasing a 2016 annual raffle ticket. The cost for an entry into 12 monthly drawings is just $10 per ticket. Each month over $1,400 in prizes are awarded.
The Holy Name Society Back to School BBQ is this Thursday, September 24th at 6pm in the parking lot behind the parish
All Food and Beverages Provided
All men of Ss. Peter & Paul Parish are invited to join us. The Holy Name Society provides a great opportunity to meet and make new friends.
For questions, contact Adam Calloway at 618-939-5604